ACPET offers tuition assurance protection to students in the event that a student is unable to complete a course as a result of the insolvency of a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). Tuition Assurance relates to that portion of a student’s tuition fees that were paid in advance of that tuition.
The Scheme offers two choices. When an RTO ceases to trade, students can request to continue their study in a comparable course with an alternative provider, or to discontinue with their studies and obtain a refund for the fees prepaid but unutilised. The ASTAS is underpinned by an Insurance Policy and all refunds are carried out in accordance with this policy.
The Insurance Policy does not provide for the full refund of all fees as at the date of payment of those fees. Rather, the policy operates based on the effluxion of time, from the commencement of your enrolment to your expected completion date.
The policy will pay out the proportion of your course fees, calculated from the date of your provider’s insolvency. That is, the proportion of unutilised fees left as at the date of insolvency.
This effectively means that if you paid 100% of your course fees in advance and are half way through the time agreed for your course, you would receive 50% of your fees, subject to the other terms and conditions in the policy.
The following activations are listed as follows:
|Australasian College Broadway|
|Australian College of Sports Therapy|
|Australian Institute of Professional Education|
|Beauty and Hair Academy|
|College of Creative Design and Arts|
|Community Training Australia|
|Design Works College of Design|
|Karl Von Busse|
|Online Courses Australia|
|Pragmatic Education Group (including Pragmatic Training and Paramount Higher Education)|
|Republica Colleges (including Tractor, Mercer School of Interior Design, CG Spectrum)|
|Sage Institute/ Australian Careers Institue|
|Smart City Vocational College|
|Training and Development Australia|
ACPET can help by
- Re-credit of student loans (VET FEE-HELP, VET Student Loans or FEE HELP) for independent (private) provider closures in 2017 and prior.
- Refund of tuition fees paid in advance and not utilised, is made to the student in accordance with clause 7.3 of the RTO Standards 2015 or the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015.
- Assisting students in finding another provider to continue their studies.
Find out about the current status of your College by selecting the name of your College from the drop down menu below.
By selecting your college, ACPET will be able to tell you at what stage in the process of activation your provider is at and what you need to do.
- Pragmatic Training Pty Ltd and ParaPharm Pty Ltd
- Careers Australia
- Acquire Learning
- Smart City Vocational College
- Australian College of Sports Therapy
- Online Courses Australia Pty Ltd
- Conwal and Associates Pty Ltd
- Sage Institute of Education (Australian Careers Institute)
- Republica (including Tractor, Mercer School of Interior Design, CG Spectrum)
- International Skills Institute
- The Australasian College Broadway
- Community Training Australia
- Helene Abicair College of Advanced Beauty Therapy
- Australian Business Academy
- Phoenix College
- Beauty & Hair Academy of Australia
- Australian Institute of Professional Education Pty Ltd
If you would like further information on your rights and the governing legislation please refer to the ASQA – RTO Standards 2015.
ACPET appreciate that this may be a difficult time for displaced students and want to provide as much help and support to your individual circumstance as possible.
ACPET will provide advice directly to students to help during this difficult time. Please contact us to if you would like to know more.
Frequently Asked Questions