The Australian council for Private Education and Training (ACPET) is responsible for managing the Australian Student Tuition Assurance Scheme (ASTAS). The scheme is designed to assist students when their education provider is no longer able to deliver training, usually due to closure.
ACPET can help by
- Helping students to transfer into a comparable course so they can complete their studies with as little disruption as possible, or
- Providing a refund to the students VET FEE- Help loan account/ or fees paid in advance for the portion of study that has not been delivered.
Find out about the current status of your College by selecting the name of your College from the drop down menu below.
By selecting your college, ACPET will be able to tell you at what stage in the process of activation your provider is at and what you need to do.
- Careers Australia
- Acquire Learning
- Smart City Vocational College
- Australian College of Sports Therapy
- Online Courses Australia Pty Ltd
- Conwal and Associates Pty Ltd
- Sage Institute of Education (Australian Careers Institute)
- Republica (including Tractor, Mercer School of Interior Design, CG Spectrum)
- International Skills Institute
- The Australasian College Broadway
- Community Training Australia
- Helene Abicair College of Advanced Beauty Therapy
- Australian Business Academy
- Phoenix College
- Beauty & Hair Academy of Australia
- Australian Institute of Professional Education Pty Ltd
If you would like further information on your rights and the governing legislation please refer to the VET Guidelines 2015.
ACPET appreciate that this may be a difficult time for displaced students and want to provide as much help and support to your individual circumstance as possible. ACPET will provide advice directly to students to help during this difficult time. Please contact us to if you would like to know more.